Earlier in 2006 I got bitten by the track day bug. I started looking at ways that I could do more track days, without having to sell various body parts. It seems to me the most cost effective and fun way of achieving this would be with a Locost type car. So I started looking into building or buying one. Quite by chance a part built MK Indy popped up on eBay, it was local to me so I went to have a look and promptly agreed to part with a wedge of cash for it.
I collected the car at the end of October. Unfortunately as I found out to my cost, it wouldn’t fit in the rear of a VW LT35 van. There was only 20mm in it, but in this situation, size definitely mattered. My Dad came to the rescue with help from a friend of a friend who owns a 7.5 tonne recovery truck.
Having got the car at home in the garage I set about looking at exactly what I had and deciding what I was going to do first. This blog will be used to note my progress.