The MK is now up on stands in the garage, so that I can have a good look around. I’ve decided to take the brakes off and strip them down to refurbish them. The front brakes are off the Sierra Donor car and are looking a little rough. The rears are probably of a Granada but I’m not sure and they too need a new set of seals.
I’ve got seal kits from BIG RED to overhaul both the front and rear callipers. The kits are reasonably comprehensive but I’m still on the look out for fresh bolts for mounting the callipers back on the car.
I’ve had a look round the car now and generally things are OK. There are number of bolts and nuts missing that I need to source. I also need to give certain areas a fresh coat of paint to cover up some scratches and marks.
The engine I have is 2.0L pinto from the Sierra donor. I’m glad I took the engine and gearbox out as clutch was completely rusted up and stuck. I’ve been looking to source an alternate engine, one that is running or of known good condition because I don’t want to spend too much time stripping and rebuild the current one at the moment. I may have one lined up but more on that if it materialises.