Since last report I’ve now had the Prop’ shaft delivered. It was obviously straight of a donor Sierra with a nice new Universal joint welded on one end. I spent a few hours rubbing it down to remove the rust and gave it a quick coat of paint to spruce it up a bit.
Used the heat resistant paint I bought for the brakes on the gearbox to smarten it up abit. I’ve also removed the inspection cover and it seems to be OK inside. There is a bit of play in the input bearing that may be OK once the input shaft sits in the flywheel bearing. At this stage I’ll just put fresh oil in it and stick it in. I’d rather make some progress and get the car running than fanny about at this stage stripping the gearbox.
I’ve also picked up a set of GSXR 600 Throttle bodies from eBay for £51. They are in mint condition too. So I’m going to have to get my head round building an ECU to fuel the thing pretty soon.
Plan for the Easter break is to get some engine paint and hopefully stick the lot in the car.