Sold the limo on eBay last weekend. Got a winning bit of £360 which was OK considering we paid £371 for it. Dad drove the car from the yard where it was stored to his house in Evesham on Friday morning and I arranged to collect it Friday evening. Then the buyer could collect from my house on Sat morning – Plan! So I thought. I over looked one thing “SODS LAW!”
This manifested it’s self as spontaneous wiring loom combustion on Sunday morning.
We tried to start the car on Friday night to drive it home and it was dead, no ignition lights, nothing. After putting the battery on charge over night and reconnecting it in the morning the wiring from the +ve battery terminal started smoking. Not only did we have flames painted down the side we also now had smoke coming from the bonnet and a burning smell from the dash.
In the end I contacted the buyer and explained the situation, much to my surprise he came over to look at it. After a few attempts to hot wire the car we came to an agreement on a figure for a sale and her toed it away to join his hearse; apparently complete with flames. So that is that. Never again!