Further to the cold compression test I did a while back I did a warm one over the weekend.
I ran the bike for 10mins round the block then quickly stripped the carbs off and took the plugs out. The compression test resulted in some ok figures and much better than when cold:
- cyl 1 115
- cyl 2 110
- cyl 3 115
- cyl 4 115
Reasonably pleased with that since anything over 100 is serviceable. However the TAX has run out now and I’ve SORN’d the bike. The intention is to strip it down and do some work on it because I’m fed up with feeling like it is going to breakdown on me all the time, so watch this space.
Had a minor shit yourself moment at the weekend when I walked into the garage only to find a can of expanding foam filler had exploded in the heat right next to the bike. Luckily I had an old curtain over the bike to keep the dust off and this kept most of the foam off the bike. Thankfully it has pretty much all come off now.