Seems like ages since I had any progress with the Zed. I was getting a bit despondent and fed up of seeing a load of bits in boxes. I’ve been waiting on a number of parts via post for what feels like most of September. The postal strikes have meant that some stuff has taken 3 weeks to arrive.
I’ve had the wheels rebuilt with butted stainless spokes and new British chrome rims. I had the hubs power coated at the same time. I’ve ordered fresh bearings for them so once they arrive I should be nearly in a position to get the bike back on wheels again.
I fitted new tapered headset bearings today and loosely bolted the rear shock back in place with fresh stainless bolts. Not much to show for September but it felt god to be bolting stuff back to the frame at last and it’s nice to see some chrome against the fresh black frame.
Lots of cleaning still to do and since last report I invested in a cheap parts washer from Machine Mart along with a set of polishing mops which fit the bench grinder. I’ve also built a small bench for the washer and grinder which makes a nice clean area away from the muck on the main bench.
Lot of polishing to do on the front forks next and the disks need cleaning up before I can put the wheels back on, so this is the next task.